The NX9 Slope Rangefinder is a laser rangefinder with slope technology, good durability, and an affordable price. The Precision Pro name is growing in the world of rangefinders. The NX9 Slope tends to be the more popular option than the non-slope option because of the ability to turn slope on and off. Overall the NX9 has the functionality that a golfer needs in a rangefinder, but not much will stand out to make this a truly unique laser rangefinder. Let’s take a look at the features offered in the Precision Pro NX9.
- 6X Magnification
- It comes with a 2-year warranty
- Lifetime battery replacement
- High definition option
- Good accuracy for the price that it is offered
- Can toggle between slope and non-slope mode
- Has magnetic technology to attach to the golf cart
- Anti-shock design for going over bumps on the cart
- Great for water resistance
- Accuracy does not get much better as you get closer to the hole
- Magnet does not feel as strong as some others
- Average scope interface
Precision Pro NX9 Slope Review Overview
The Precision Pro NX9 first caught our attention because it is a fair price for a durable rangefinder model with slope. After using the Precision Pro NX9 for a few months, we have a good idea as to what this rangefinder is capable of and where it lacks. For the most part, from an accuracy and speed standpoint, we had no complaints. However, when it comes to the features, the extra bells, and whistles, this is not the most exciting golf rangefinder on the market. But hey, sometimes that’s not a bad thing!
Precision Pro NX9: Features and Benefits
The Precision Pro NX9 is a simple to use rangefinder with a strong warranty that stands behind the product. One of our favorite things about this model is the fact that you will get free battery replacements for the life of the product. If you like this rangefinder and take care of it, you can have it for a really long time.
Slope Can Turn On And Off
We love having slope functionality on our rangefinder; however, it’s nice to turn it off from time to time and test our ability to calculate slope visually and with knowledge of the course. In addition, during tournaments, you will want to turn the slope on and off, and the NX9 allows for that.
600 Yard Range
The Precision Pro NX9 Slope has the ability to read yardage from 600 yards away. Most golfers really need a rangefinder from 230 yards and in. However, if you want to get a good view of a hole before you tee off, this can be a nice option to have. We found that from 200 yards and in, the NX9 was a bit more accurate, unsuprisingly.
Lifetime Battery Replacement
The NX9 Slope comes with free lifetime battery replacement. Simply notify the company each time you need a new battery, and you can have one sent your way. This helps improve the overall value of the product, in my eyes.
Magnetic Cart Mount
Having the magnetic cart mount on your golf rangefinder will allow you to keep your rangefinder in close proximity, and you lower the risk of it falling off the golf cart because of forgetting it on the seat. With all the rangefinders we tested, there seemed to be differences in the magnetic strength. The Bushnell Bite Technology is by far the strongest, but the Precision Pro NX9 did a good job of keeping the rangefinder in place.
Shock Proof Design
As you travel from one hole to the next with your rangefinder on the cart, don’t be worried about the damage that can be done. The shock proof design means that this rangefinder was designed to be able to handle bumps and uneven terrain as you move from one hole to the next.
Who Should Buy The Precision Pro NX9 Slope Rangefinder?
There are a lot of good benefits from the Precision Pro NX9 Slope. However, with all of the options on the market, it is really important to ensure that you pick a rangefinder that is the best for your needs.
- The golfer on a budget: Golfers that are tired of a new piece of golf technology costing their next paycheck will love what the Precision Pro NX9 has to offer. Although priced slightly higher than the really cheap models on the market, this rangefinder also offers better precision and durability than most low-cost models.
- Golfers not worried about bells and whistles: There is nothing wrong with the way the Precision Pro NX9 performs; it just lacks some of the adjustability, settings, and stability that you see from brands like Bushnell Pro XE or Nikon, or most definitely the Garmin Z82. However, for the difference in price, we kind of expected this.
- The avid golfer: Anytime a rangefinder manufacturer gives you a two year warranty and free batteries for the life of the product, you know that it is built for the golfer that enjoys quite a bit of time on the golf course.
- Players trying to learn their yardages: Having slope functionality as part of your golf rangefinder will help you learn how far you hit your golf irons. Most amateur golfers have difficulty learning the difference between total distance and carry distance. Slope technology can help you narrow down these differences and start feeling like you know which club you need every time.
Is The Precision Pro NX9 Worth It?
After testing the Precision Pro NX9, we found it to be worth the money. The overall look of the model and its durability is quite good. In addition, turning the slope on and off is simple and will help any player trying to narrow down their yardages. If you aren’t quite ready to spend hundreds of dollars on a high end rangefinder, but you want almost all of the same technology, the NX9 is a great option to consider.
About Critical Golf
Our testing staff includes players ranging from low to high handicappers to provide perspectives relevant to all golfers, regardless of ability level. Each product is tested by all staff members to give you the best insight possible.